Saturday, October 16, 2010

a king cobra eat my finger!

no, not me. that was what the four fingered snake charmer named Ting said to me earlier today. I guess he's not as charming as his grandmother tells him he is. What a sight that was. Watching a man play with the king of snakes much like it was a stuffed animal. It was reall nerve racking to be sitting about five feet from him while all this was going on too. Not to many rules here, so it was easy to see how things can get out of control, fast!
Today, I also made the hike to the world's largest Buddha statue at the top of a mountain near Phuket town. That was close to one of the most impressive things I have ever seen. 30 meters high and made soley out of marble. Check it out if you have a chance.
Sorry for not posting pics. my computer got stolen in Korea when going through security. The sneaky person was not to sneaky when they caught him. Unfortunately it was after I left so they sent it back home. Perfect timing! I'll try to find a way to shoot you some pics.
Today is rest, but back on the bag tomorrow. Dont these people know that the sabbath is a rest day?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lon,
    Pat the Buddha Belly for us all.
    Love you,
    Auntie Shirley

    ReplyDelete